Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sir Digby!

Is there anything better than a warm bowl of oatmeal on a cool, crisp morning?? And I doctored it up right, let me tell you. I made just your every-day plain oatmeal and then mixed a bit of milk and then a HUGE dollop of this strawberry 'spreadable fruit' in there....oh man. Delish. Nothing like warm fruit. Warms you right down to your toes, as it is CHILLY this morning. Wow, fall sure came fast. I don't mind this at all, in fact I like it...but it does depress me to think about what's just around the corner...a long-ass Minnesota winter! Like most people who live here, I love the seasons, but when the holidays are over--like by mid-January--I am OVER the snow and butt-biting cold.

But enough about the weather. Last night I got the email I was waiting for...more photos of what-could-be my Digby!!! OMG, can you even stand that face?! How distinquished he looks with those Harry Potter-looking glasses-shaped circles around his eyes...Sir Digby, indeed. But the latest thing to worry about--isn't there ALWAYS something to worry about?!--is what kind of fur this little guy will end up having. It recently dawned on us that these puppies will either have more of the Bichon coat, or more of the Cavalier. Obviously, because of Vivian's allergies, the Bichon type would be the safer bet. And of course there is no way Cindy will know what type of coat this little guy will have until he's about 5-6 weeks old. It's KILLING me, because I am already wayyy attached to this one but there is no way of knowing whether or not he'll be ours yet. Sigh. So all of you send good vibes our way, please, that this indeed will be Sir Digby. Indeed! 2 weeks old, and counting! 7 more weeks until he is in our hot little hands....:-)

**Update!!! I talked to Cindy and she said it is VERY rare for the Cavachons NOT to have the Bichon fur, and that with the wavy look of this guy's fur already it's pretty much gauranteed he will be for us!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home