Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Positively Icky

Most of the time I love it when I learn some new benign fact. It's fun to be able to throw these things out at a party, makes you seem like you actually know something of the world. Sometimes, however, you get information that you wish you never knew you knew.

You know that "Little Miss Muffet" rhyme? Well, according to my 'Zoo Tracks' periodical I got in the mail today, I guess there really was a Miss Muffet. Now I don't know if she actually sat on a tuffet and all that jazz, but it said that her father was a 'spider expert' and made her eat mashed spiders when she was sick. Apparently back in the 1800's, this was a common cold remedy.

As if that nursery rhyme wasn't disturbing enough...at some point we've all been minding our own business when suddenly a grotesque eight-legged nasty decides it's going to ruin the party by cascading down from the ceiling and give us a scare. (I don't even want to think about how many have probably landed on my head, unbeknownst to me) Now every time I hear it I'll think about Miss Muffet not only eating her curds and whey, but a ghastly concoction of spider guts and legs, too. Yummy.

So now I've shared this fact with you and it can haunt your thoughts as well. See how I am? Although you know, this fact may very well be fun to share at a party. Especially a Halloween party. Heck, according to Target it already IS Halloween....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home