Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, January 16, 2006

A Happy (?) Birthday to MLK



Martin Luther King's birthday always makes me a bit depressed. What an amazing man he was, and what an amazing dream he had...if only we were closer to that dream. I feel like we, as a society, like to think we are close, but I for one think we have a LONG way to go. What will it take to make it a reality?? I have no clue. How do you stop generations of ignorance from breeding ignorance yet again? I know I can try to do my part by raising my kids in the most color-blind way as possible, but it just doesn't feel like it's enough. Besides health and general happiness, of course, more than anything I want my kids to have a tolerance for all kinds of people from all walks of life. No, not just to tolerate, but to embrace. Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr. I hope to God someday your dream will come true.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!...."

"And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,

"Free at last, free at last.

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last." "

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Suz!
    This is Eva from Spain!
    I found a link to this blog on Lori's one, I'm a Warbride - Lori - SoP fan! :-)

    I just wanted to let you know that I loved the new Warbride songs! I think they REALLY rock! The music sounds powerful and your voice sounds great! I hope there are news ones coming soon ;-)

    Keep on rockin'!
    Eva

    PS: Maybe you've seen my website: www.metalqueens.com.
    I added some news about Warbride, so if you want to check it, click on the "News" button :-)

    PS2: I'm sorry, this is not the place to post this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home