Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, May 09, 2008

Something Worse

Is there anything worse than a spring cold? I'm fighting it, my friends, fighting it. Or maybe it's just allergies. Either way I'm finding it hard to enjoy the long-awaited for warmer weather with a fuzzy full head. As I type now I'm listening to the frogs sing away through my screen door. Now that is definitely not something I heard in my old house! It's amazing to me how they often hit a perfect major third in their chirpings...it certainly is lovely. The sights and sounds of spring in my new wooded yard make me feel like watching Charlotte's Web. Isn't that silly? Bizarre or not, it's what comes to mind. I actually have a real memory of sitting in the movie theater with my mom as a young child and watching the cartoon version (long before the Dakota Fanning version). One of my all-time favorite stories and movies, fo sho. (and why is it that it never cured my fear of spiders?? I have a feeling that was one of E.B. White's goals with that story, but alas, it had no warming effect whatsoever on his arachnophobe...!)

OK, I take it back. There is something worse than a spring cold. It's trying to post photos on this blog site! Twice in the past I've tried to post and just gave up because I couldn't get the pictures to load. I've even tried it in Firefox versus Safari, but just now on Firefox I couldn't even get into my account to write a post. Computers have always hated me, but this is ridiculous. Sorry about the techie rant, but there it is. I'm seriously considering changing my blogging site because of all of recent woes, but alas, all of my past posts will be history. All those lovely pictures of Orlando, all of my shopping finds, gone! What will the world do? But it may happen, it just may...I mean, a person can't have just empty writing on their blog site, how dull!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home