Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

They're Baaaack....

Well, there they are again. Those greys. A while ago I posted about how I was embracing those grey hairs that were becoming quite prolific there on top of my head, and indeed I was...until I saw someone's beautiful shiny head of hair and decided that I needed that dark color--and a few streaks of gold and red, as well. I can honestly say covering the greys was not part of the agenda, it just came along with the coloring package--but I will also admit it was nice not to have to inspect my head every day for that wiley grey with disturbingly pubic-like qualities that would bend it's way up to the sky like a crazy antenna.

But this morning, alas, there those boogers are again. Ah well, at least these puppies are growing in straight, so I'm not going to bother them. Hey, if I could snap my fingers and have that gorgeous silvery grey hair overnight I'd be so THERE. I guess my dark brown, gold, red and grey hair will look good with my new glasses. Yup, after following the Coreman into Lenscrafters with his glasses saga--he can tell you that one himself!--I of course decided I myself needed a new pair. The ones I have were cool about 10 years ago. Frankly I wasn't sure if I even wanted to spend the money on glasses since the only time I wear them is right before bed and right when I get up. But it is nice to have a pair that you can throw on if you just don't want to deal with your contact lenses, you had a good cry and you don't want to put your contacts in, or you just want to accessorize. It also helps that my brother-in-law owns some of the Lenscrafters doctor's offices, so I get a good deal. Nice!

I decided to become totally funkified and went for these cool Vogue frames in bright blue, with the inside being a lime green. ! In the past my glasses selection had always been something a bit more tame, at least in color--something that would go with everything and be a bit more neutral. But now? Nope, I'm 40 (+--eeek!) and I'm going for the obnoxious ones. I was also looking at a clear frame, I think those are pretty cool--but the stranger who became my best friend of the moment and fashion consultant at Lenscrafers made the comment, "I've never been a fan of clear. If you're gonna get glasses, why try to hide 'em?" Wise words indeed, so I went for the bold statement. Being that I don't have them yet--so much for Lenscrafters getting them done in an hour, eh??--you'll have to settle for a photo of the same frame in pink. (which was cool too, and quite frankly I'm a little surprised I didn't go for the pink...but blue goes with more...) So there it is.

I ran into beloved Nordstrom to check out a perfume that I had read about and came home with 2 samples (that they made for me, of course...!) ...The Beat, by Burberry, and Au The Blanc, by Bvlgari. I always love trying new perfumes, especially with spring around the corner. Of course I'm still loving my Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie, and Dytique's Do Son. It's funny how as I age, my taste in scent does too. No longer do I go for the heavy vanilla-y amber-y laden scents I used to. (although it is funny how Au The Blanc does have a touch of amber in it...not surprising!)

I almost pulled a Carrie Bradshaw in the Nordstrom shoe department, buying a pair on a total whim that I drooled over on their web site. I would have, too, if I hadn't just scored some other great shoes at DSW. Oh my though, these shoes are to die for. The Kill, as Steph would say--or maybe The Lick?? ;-) Wouldn't you agree??? Sex-Y with a capital Y. And actually pretty comfortable considering the 3 inch heel, with no platform in front. I don't know, another Silpada party or two and I may have to get 'em. At least now I have a real reason to get fun and funky clothes and shoes--my parties! That's reason enough for you stay-at-homes to do my business--you have a great excuse to buy party clothes! :-)

OK, enough of my shopping rave. Look at me--this started out about my grey hairs and quickly turned to shopping and coveting pretty things. Must be the spring tease right around the corner--doesn't it just make you want to go out and get some fresh new things?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Ooooh, can't wait to see the glasses, and the shoes RAWK!!! Or they will when you get them, hehehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home