Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Busy Week and Another Year Older

Yes indeed--spring is springing and the busy times are coming. Both kids birthdays in March and April, and then the month of May that includes 4 birthdays and 3 Mother's Days which basically makes it like another Christmas around here.

First of all--Happy Birthday, Sullivan! It was actually March 12th, but today we braved it and had some of Sully's classmates in our house for a little party. It's so tough, we had soooo many friends we wanted to invite, but sadly we can't have them all. It was a great time, his friends are adorable and they were entertained by magician Brian Richards. He was definitely worth every penny, just a really nice guy--a great magician and great fun for the kids. He had us all laughing. What, you think I'm going to have all of those kids in my house and entertain them myself??! I'm not THAT brave!

The other day we all went to the public library to see Sullivan's art work on display. He was one of the chosen few selected to have his 'Self Portrait Collage' up on the for the next month, and we actually went to the 'art opening' to see it. He was so proud, and of course Mommy was too--but certainly not surprised. Both of my kids have amazing artistic talent!!

We also took part in our city's 'Unplugged' day, a day where everyone is supposed to shun their electronic devices and actually spend time with their families instead. I have to say that it's a little sad to me that this needs to be spelled out for people, but, there it is. Local restaurants had deals so cooking Mommies (and Daddies too, I suppose!) could be unplugged as well, so we took advantage of that with a meal out and then came back here to play family games. Yes, that is my husband happily playing a board game. He will try to tell you that he doesn't enjoy himself doing such a thing, but don't believe him. Just to make it easier on him we all endured listening to Adrian Belew. Why is it that he hates playing games, yet when he does he always wins??! No fair.I myself did manage to take some time off this week to smell the roses--okay not the roses (yet!) but at least the melting snow. We almost hit 50 degrees one day and I just had to enjoy it out on my deck. It will be so fun to enjoy the first spring in our new house! Connie was visiting for a couple of days, resting up from her trip to Italy before she drove back home.

And tonight, a relaxing dinner at Steph's to hang with her and meet some friends visiting. I have to say, after a house full of kids I can't think of anything better than to have my good friend Stephanie cook for for me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home