Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy Birthday, Vivian!


OK, it's a day late, but you know what they say...so I'm not going to say it. This Metal Mom is celebrating her little girl turning 12--TWELVE! And she is my little Metal Girl, literally--she just got braces to go along with her official 'tween-ness'. Oh, and not only did she get braces, but she also got a cell phone. ! It was time, I guess. Coreman and I fought it, believe you-me. It still seems very early to me, but it's amazing how we are apparently in the dark ages since Viv is one of the last of her friends to get one. I have to say, as much as it's weird to me, I'm also glad. Now when she needs to call me about picking her up from school she doesn't have to try to borrow a friend's phone. There is definitely something to be said about being able to contact your child whenever you need to. And at this point, I don't have to worry too much yet about her calling and texting friends...I think that's a year or so away. So, there it is, a right of passage fo sho. I had my Teen Line, Vivian has her cell phone! Crazy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, that's cute ;-)
    Congrats with her Birthday! I hope she (and you) had a cool party, haha...

    Cheerio, Rob.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Happy Birthday (and phone) Vivian!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home