Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day!

A happy day to all of you who enjoy the amazing experience of motherhood. Here are the lovely snow-white tulips that my husband brought home for me--two days ago and they are already wilty, sad!--I think that is my new favorite flower. Coreman doesn't understand how I can be so enamored with plain white, but something about them just does it for me. It's funny how your tastes change as you get older, how it's something you don't even notice and then one day you're attracted to something you never would have looked twice at before. Kind of bizarre.

I for one don't need Mother's Day to be a big to-do, I'm happy spending the day outside with my fam. My perfect meal is not going to a fancy restaurant, but going to Byerlys and getting a feast of sushi to eat here on our deck. (of course that cost just about as much as going out to eat...!) Tonight I shall lay my head down on my pillow and be thankful for the privilege Motherhood truly is. Especially with my two kids. How many moms have kids who buy their mom something with their own Target gift card they got for their birthday (Vivian) or never fail to snuggle me every morning and say how much they love me? (Sullivan) Plus how many 7 year olds request Megaherz when you're riding around in the car? Only one a Metal Mommy could love. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home