Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, November 01, 2007

So Good, It's Scary!

Hope you all had a fun Halloween! Here's my little pirate--can you stand it?? I didn't wear a costume but I think I could have actually been Cannibal Mommy....Sullivan was so cute I could have just eaten him up!!! (was that in bad taste?! hardy har.) One woman giving out treats was asking him if he was Captain Jack Sparrow--when he said no she said he kind of looked like Johnny Depp...funny!

The trick-or-treating was stellar in our new neighborhood, although I missed having Vivian with us. She was off with her peeps back in the old 'hood, pounding doors for candy as a Bloody Emo. I kept calling her a 'Goth', and I kept getting corrected. Can someone please shed some light on the difference between an Emo and a Goth?! Even Vivian can't really tell me! Too funny. I'm gathering Emo is short for 'emotional'...I guess maybe a Goth doesn't have feelings. Who knows with these things?! I am old. What's really scary about this get-up is that she actually looks kind of pretty in it. !

Sorting the candy when one gets home is always a treat. The Virgo in me loves to do that. Both kids got quite the pirate's booty! Another successful year of trick or treating...and now we are over-run with candy once again. We have a new system now--the kids can horde their stash for a few weeks, then it becomes the community bowl. So far they can be trusted to keep their booty in their own rooms...and they only get a few pieces a day. I try to keep a little control around here! For as long as I can....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susie!
    Ah, your lovely kids look fantastic ;-) Glad they had a great time, and so did you, haha...

    Are you already getting used to your new home?

    Cheerio, Rob.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Aaron Shoemaker said…

    Pat Beyer is preditor.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    crap.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    No fighting on my blog now, gentlemen...;-)

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Cuz said…

    OH, my goodness, Suz! Vivian does look good, and that's scary!!!!!!!!! Sullivan is precious!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home