Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

T'was a Happy Birthday, Kim!!

It was, it was. Even though yesterday wasn't OFFICIALLY Kim's 40th, we celebrated at Stephanie's anyway. As usual Stephanie made us a fabulous meal and we laughed and cackled into the wee hours. (okay, maybe not THAT wee, but to me midnight is wee.) Here's Kim showing how she REALLY feels about the age of 40, flashing her F*%?K Forty bling ring. Nice! I have to say 40's not all bad so far though (now that I'm the ripe old age of 41, you know)..and if I get to celebrate it this way 3 times, hey, not bad at all. Kim brought over a perfect 40 gift she was given, "God's Gift", as a matter of fact. A nice photo celebration of some 70's/80's cheesecake men. Some were quite scary, I might add.

Today, it's Serious Packing Time. My dishes, silverware, pots, pans...all that stuff, bye bye. (for a few days, anyway.) We are now officially onto paper and plastic products and soley take-out food. It's getting down to the wire, my friends! Vivian wasn't feeling well this morning, she's home today. I have to say it's nice to have her around, luckily she isn't REALLY sick. Personally I think she is emotionally sad about the house, and tired from the stress of it all and the new school business. She's allowed a day of hookey, and probably part of her wants a last full day in her house. sigh. Kids don't have the experience like us old folk do, knowing that even though you can be sad about leaving a place, the new place has great things in store. I pray in time she does come to love our new abode as much as this one.

And what the heck is it with these creepy Jeweled Araneus spiders I'm seeing everywhere lately?! Good grief, it's an invasion. At first glace one might think it's quite cool, they are pretty sizeable and weave beautiful perfect round webs. One might be cool, but when I start seeing them in numbers it's just darn creepy. I've passed under them at friend's houses, had to avoid opening the door the other night because of one in our vines overhead. In fact last night I couldn't even come into my own front door, one was actually on it and I was NOT going to chance that sucker landing on me as I was working at the lock. UG! Then this afternoon I was throwing a bag of garbage out and as I came up the back stairs my socked foot brushed a web with ONE IN IT, between a couple of the stairs. !!!! Enough is enough. Thank G-d Terminix is going to be at our new house the afternoon we close, ready to poison anything thing that crawls. And since it's so wooded and no one has been in the house since March, I have a terrible feeling the house itself could crawl right now. UG!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger ROBOTTONY said…

    I think I can honestly say that I hate spiders eewwwwuuuu (and I never say, eewwwuuu!) and Happy Birthday Kim!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Truly, there is nothing creepier than a spider. Maybe a centipede...nah, spiders have them beat. shiver!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home