Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Have I Mentioned...?

Have I mentioned lately that I love my new home?? Today the kids took me through our back yard and into the woods, where they have already been exploring. Amazing. Not far back we have a sweet little creek running back there, and if you follow the path you eventually come to a railroad track. Does this make it look like it would lead you there and back again, or what?! A little farther across the track and you come upon a man-made--or kid-made, perhaps??--BMX run, complete with jumps. It is amazing and totally tucked away so that only the local people would know about it. Too bad none of us do that sort of thing, but it's cool to have it back there nonetheless. Just in case Metal Mommy gets the urge and puts her BMX pants on. heh heh.

I really broke in the house last night with it's first party--my Silpada jewelry open house! Unfortunately not many could show--turns out October is a very busy time for people--but it was a blast and great to see the women-folk that did manage to make it out. (a big thank you to Stephanie who brought a yummy appetizer and somehow managed to magically appear by my side to help me open bottles of wine...) I'm so mad--once again I was so busy that I forgot to take photos!!! Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new business?? It's so much fun for me--I LOVE the jewels, I love having something of my own, and having a girlie blingy party is right up my alley. Plus I make pretty nice ching. Can't beat that.

Today was more unpacking and organizing. We are actually seeing some floor in the garage, which of course is a good thing. Whew! Maybe tomorrow we'll see more deer in our yard???

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home