Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Everything Rocks

Kitchen Nirvana, that's all I can say. Not only do I have my very own desk in my kitchen, but I now have a glorious center island to call my very own. (okay, I guess I will share it with my family...!) A big thanks to Greg, who took time out of his busy Saturday to come over for a few and help Cory with a few of the final touches he needed to get it done. It actually still needs a back piece, but no matter to me since this was what was required in order for me to start getting my stuff in it. yeah! All of the kitchen boxes are finally unpacked and the things inside them in their rightful places. (well, of course there could always still be one lurking in the garage...but one thing at a time here.) Kitchen Nirvana, and Organizational Nirvana. I LOVE organizing. At one point Coreman started to put a pot in a drawer which immediately warranted a finger up from me...no one touches my kitchen drawers/shelves in an organizational capacity but me. One could say I am a bit anal about such things, or maybe a kitchen control freak?! But there it is. (quite honestly I don't think the Coreman cares much if I take this job over...!) Having a ROCKIN' center island that one can store, prepare and sit around, well, rocks. I'm loving it.

And speaking of loving it, here's our back yard. Sullivan is sitting on our deck which overlooks it--can you say Rivendell??? I swear, yesterday morning as I listened to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack whilst watching leaves fall in the sunlight that was peeking through the trees, I really did fancy myself an elf for a few short moments. My back yard rocks.

My husband rocks, too. Not only is he working like a crazed IKEA fool, putting all of this stuff together--the center island, bedroom furniture for the kids, 2 desks, a TV stand--but upon moving in he also surprised me with a brand-spankin' new Nano as a house warming present! He asked me for a potholder, and there it was, sitting in the drawer. You'd think I would have asked him why in the world he needed a potholder, but I didn't--that's why I fall for this stuff so easily, I guess. I love my new Nano. I have to say it is quite the improvement from the already ultra-cool one I had before this. I like the shape better, the color screen is phenomenal, and even the controls work better. Plus I have a coolest of cool jazzy red one, of which the purchase of it helps to fight Aids in Africa. Gotta love that.

I'd have to say, right now everything rocks. That's a good thing. Speaking of that, I'd better get rockin' and rollin' and get to more boxes....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how cool is that, Susie! It looks all wonderful, and I can imagine your LotR thoughts!
    How're the kids doing at their new place?

    Hugs, Rob.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Forest and a center island - you ARE rockin' your inner hobbit, yay! I'm so happy for you!

    And judging by the scrumptious apple bread pudding, cooking in the new kitchen is going VERY well! (Thank you!)

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    Hi,Love reading and seeing about your new home. I know you are loving that new kitchen. Corey is such a good husband!! Love the backyard. Please watch out for Aragorn for me!! HA!! Love you!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Cuz, if Aragorn shows up in my backyard that's gotta mean Legolas won't be far behind...I'll call you and we'll all go frolicking off together....!! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home