Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

One Happy Cake-Eater

Hello! My first official post from my new (and already messy) desk in the kitchen of my new lovely home. Ahhh, home sweet home. It totally feels good already, even though it is a complete mess and I'm sure it will be for quite some time. As in typical Suz style, the move itself was quite a Saga, and this old girl is too tired to go into that one right now. But slowly and surely, we are all getting settled into the new digs. (including Digs.) The kids seem very happy, actually, which is a wonderful thing. Both are adjusting to their new schools quite well and seem very happy there. This house just feels right, and we are surrounded by green which is perfect for a little Hobbit like me. Already we've been greeted by some new neighbors tonight, complete with warm homemade apple crisp that was to die for. NICE! I have to say, I have heart eyes for my new suburban life here.

And I have to give a shout-out to all of my good friends out there who have helped in so many ways--schlepping things around, painting, bringing goodies, and always moral support. How lucky am I to have such people in my life?? It makes a person feel at home no matter where they are, that is for sure. The strange thing is I left my SLP home without even a look back. Interesting. Not that I was unhappy there, not in the least. But it's always been me to take on something new without regret, even though normally I am one of the most sentimental people on the planet. Sappy, you might say. But don't tell anyone, it may ruin my Metal Mommy status...;-)

OK, back to the unpacking. One thing we are noticing is that even though we have gained square footage we have lost storage space, just from the sheer layout of the house. That will be a problem, 'cuz we have a lot of stuff. Even after getting rid of a bunch before we got here. This oughta be interesting...! Stay tuned!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    Congratulations on your new home!
    Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.
    Love you!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, good to hear again from you, Susie!
    And congrats with your new home. Have a wonderful time there ;-)

    Hugs, Rob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home