Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, October 22, 2007

Dumbledore Comes Out

You gotta hand it to JK Rowling--even after her Harry Potter series is done, she's still pushing the envelope with the announcement that the grandfatherly wizard Albus Dumbledore character was gay. (you could say she 'came out' with it--heh heh!) Coreman immediately rolled his eyes and was thinking it was a publicity stunt to get more attention now that the story is over, and I suppose it could be...but my first thought was, "You Go, Girl!" She could have somehow alluded to it more openly in the books if she wanted to make a statement or get attention (of course maybe she did and I missed it--quite possible!) but the fact that she's making it public now just makes me think about how she was trying to get across that 'being gay' was just a part of Dumbledore's life, not who he was--a message we should all take to heart. I get so angry when people make such a big deal about being gay--I mean, who the heck cares?! As for the story line, it does make more sense to know that fact, realizing why Dumbledore was so easily under the spell of his good but evil friend Grindelwald.

So there it is. Dumbledore was gay. Good for him, now, how is the weather?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You could have titled this "Gay Matter," to match your last entry "Grey Matter," hahaha. Ah yes, I think it's great. And then I don't care, which is how I hope most people will react, but I doubt it!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Gay Matter, I love it! Now why didn't I think of that?! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home