Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Shakin' it Up!

I just had to post about my glorious friend Stephanie, who recently exhibited the most Metal behavior--makes a Metal Mommy friend proud. She was visiting her son's new Catholic school and was chatting with some of the moms. At one point she went to give a 'thumb's up' and absent-mindedly threw the Heavy Metal hand signal instead!!!!!!!!!! She was mortified by her own actions, especially upon seeing another mom's smile falter a bit. Long live Metal, I say, and Long Live being irreverent in these sort of uptight situations. Of course my dear friend never meant to offend, it just came out! Which is what makes it so sweeet of course, and so very Metal. You just can't keep a Metal Diva down, and that friend of mine is always shakin' it up. I love it!!

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum my glorious friend will be dining with Andrew Zimmern tonight, and being filmed whilst doing it! Stephanie, her husband John, and another couple will be on a future episode of Andrew's television show Bizarre Foods eating Lord knows what! Omg, I'd be so nervous about that. Forget about being on camera in front of millions, I'd be more frightened about what I'd have to be putting in my mouth. Considering Andrew travels the world and eats everything from giant grubs to still-beating frog's hearts, I can only imagine. Well, it's only Minnesota mind you...us Northwestern folk don't get too crazy up here. Maybe Stephanie will be eating raw lutefisk?! Perhaps she will be throwing the Metal Hand Signal at the same time! SWEEET!

As for me, I'll be eatin' cake officially one week from today. The countdown has begun! Strange. I'm very excited, although of course a bit melancholy about leaving this great house and neighborhood. We are definitely moving on to bigger and better, but this has been a wonderful place to live. The hardest part of it all will be dealing with the kids and their adversity to change, which of course is to be expected. It seems that there is a lot of change happening for a lot of people lately! A Time of Flux and New Opportunities. That's a good thing, it's always good to shake things up a bit.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home