Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, September 14, 2007

Don't Give a Damn About a Bad Reputation

Ah yes, yesterday got better and better with time. Remember the bitchy car mom and her loud gaping maw at Sully's school? As I waited for my peanut at the end of the day I had another mom come up to me and tell me that she saw that whole thing and felt terrible for me! She was so nice, it restored my faith in my new 'burb. Of course I'm sure the fact that I was blasting "Bad Reputation' by Joan Jett , literally banging my head with my 11 year old daughter sitting next to me was enough to give her pause and think maybe that other mom was right...ha!

From there, on to my daughter's first conference of Junior High--I love her homeroom teacher! Always a good feeling. Then off to Stephanie's house for a rockin' Silpada party! Stephanie has the greatest friends, it was just a blast. As usual she outdid herself with amazing vittles and drinks. I am always totally pampered when I'm at her house--whether I'm just hangin' or being Susie Sales!!!

Today I get ready to welcome my brother and two of my nephews who will be crashing here tonight. Tomorrow bro John will be in a soccer tournament nearby, looking forward to that. I'm not usually a sporto, as you all know, but once in a while an outdoor sporting event can really be fun--especially when it's a beautiful fall day!

I think we'll be having another IKEA experience this weekend as well--why do we do it to ourselves?? I'm praying they have what we are looking for, the makings of my new Kitchen Island we'll be putting together for the new house. Did I say WE'LL be putting together?! Guess that will be the Coreman...heh heh.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What awful thing happened to you Susie, that this other mom came over to offer comforting words? I'm so curious. Luv your, Cat sister

     

Post a Comment

<< Home