Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Another School Year

Lordy Lordy, I just sent my daughter off to the wolves...to her first day of Junior High at a brand new school. I think Coreman and I are more nervous than she is, neither of us slept a wink last night. She on the other hand, said she slept like a baby and she seemed cool as a cuke this morning. Soon I'll be sending Sullivan off to his new school as a 1st grader, as well. sigh.

Of course any parent is lying that says they don't look forward to that first day of school--well, at least any home-parent. My days to myself again! It feels good after a month of craziness. This past week of getting the kids registered and all of the rigamarole that goes along with that was quite overwhelming, on top of all of the moving stuff. I'll celebrate my new-found all day freedom by having coffee with my peeps this morning, yahoo! Now that Kim has her new job, she can join Stephanie and I for our weekly coffee ritual. Stephanie's Nathan is also starting a new school today, and with a new job to talk about as well, I'm sure the coffee shop will be buzzing this morning!!

Somehow this week we also managed to slip in a day at the State Fair. Nothing says 'end of the summer' like the State Fair. Once again our fine daughter managed to get her artwork accepted--and this time she won a blue ribbon!!!!! It was all I could do not to stand around the display telling everyone that peeked in that MY DAUGHTER drew that cool blue-ribbon-winning haunted castle. (yes, a haunted castle. very metal indeed.) We ate the usual fair fare and had a wonderful time. A family tradition!

And, a happy happy birthday to our sweet Sir Digby, who turned one yesterday. What a gift he has been to our family! Here he is with his new birthday toy!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Congrats to Vivian on her blue ribbon - yay!

    And Happy Birthday Diggers, awww...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home