Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, August 03, 2007

A Troubled Bridge Over Water

I'm sure most of you have heard about the 35W bridge that collapsed here in Minneapolis. What a tragedy! Imagine going along at rush hour, sitting on that bridge, all of a sudden you are dropping 35 feet. I guess the whole thing went down in about 4 seconds. The only saving grace with that is that no one had time to think or panic, it just went down. Of course they are still checking the river below, I'm sure many cars are in there. Very scary. Vivian's first comment when I told her was, "Voldemort is back!", referring of course to Harry Potter's nemesis, who's return brought chaos to the Muggle (non-wizarding folk) world by destroying things all around, including major bridges. Whereas this event here certainly isn't anything to joke about, the fact and reason that it happened is just as un-explainable and bizarre. Luckily, so far no one I know has been effected by it. My heart goes out to anyone that has been.

And speaking of Harry Potter, I'm about halfway through the last book, "The Deathly Hallows"! Not bad, considering my daughter had it with her at camp for a week, and in between reading I've been frantically trying to get our house ready to put on the market in ONE WEEK, packing and gearing up for our vacation, and preparing for my first jewelry show up there as a new http://www.silpada.com/public/ Representative. whew. Life is busy right now, to say the least. But it's all good! I am certainly not complaining!

In all of my running around to prepare for everything I've mentioned, I had to sneak in a little personal shopping and ran into Steve and Barry's, a clothing store which just so happened to be conveniently in a location I needed to go. I myself have never heard of this store, but I knew that it carried Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line, "Bitten". My Friend Kim had checked it out and came back with a couple pair jeans--jeans that fit wonderfully, no less, and cost next to nothing. huh. I have to say I wasn't impressed. I tried on some jeans, and they sure didn't fit me well. Granted I wasn't spending a lot of time and only tried on a couple of styles, and of course jeans fit everyone differently. But the overall look of the clothes is just 'eh'. If you need t shirts, polo shirts, that kind of thing, than I'd say it's definitely worth a look. But I guess I expected the funky and fun style that goes along with SJP--at least as Carrie Bradshaw. And c'mon, can SJP be anyone else?!

Off to vaca tomorrow! Boy, do we need it. I can't believe when we get back we'll be school shopping. Whoa! Time does fly.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a great holiday, Suz!
    Good to know that no relatives of you have been effected by that terrible disaster in Minneapolis. I've heard that the general infrastructural objects in the States aren't that good at all (major lack of maintenance), so I keep my fingers crossed...
    Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the Dutch version of last book of Harry Potter. Just read #6 two weeks ago -- what a thrill!

    Greetings and enjoy your trip,
    Rob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home