Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Susie Homemaker and the Poisonous Cake

Ahhh, nothing better than a perfect spring day in Minnesota. Especially when the weekend is kicked off hanging out on the patio with your peeps after recording another podcast and enjoying some homemade coconut lemon cake that you've slaved away for and your friends actually like. Success! Don't ask me why, but the weather was completely amazing yesterday afternoon so I felt compelled to stay in the house and bake a cake. huh?! However, being the paranoid that I am, I was fretting about leaving it out, as the lemon filling in the center was made with egg. Stephanie kept insisting that it was fine...even so, I still put the cake in the fridge over night.

This morning I found 2 emails from my ever-lovin' peeps, both saying they were sick last night!!!!! Of course my first thought was The Cake--even though Coreman and I had both had some and were absolutely fine. Just when I was wondering if I should throw the rest of it away, I get another email from Stephanie saying, "GOTCHA!" Maven of Mischief cooked up a little plan to freak me out into thinking I poisoned my friends. nice. They got me, all right! Too hilarious. You just can't let your guard down around that friend of mine. Too bad I'm so damn gullible, and am never able to retaliate. You guys will have to help me think of something for revenge....

It must have been the 'drilles. That's my new name for my espadrilles, thanks to Kim. It sounds much more metal, don't you think? With them on I am about 4 inches taller than Kim, which she wasn't too happy about. :-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohh, too funny! Already 40, but the tricks and games of a teenager. You three are just too cute ;-)
    Think of a cool action of revenge for them, Susie... (I can't help you here -- they will read it)

    Hugs, Rob.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Yes Rob, there is that....!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home