Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Can You Smell Me?

What a day! There it is, until it gets beastly hot around here (which sadly, won't be too long from now) I am going to make you all nuts by raving about the glorious weather on every post. I mean, who couldn't? Sunny, breezy, in the 70's...perfection. I would be a very happy camper indeed if it never got hotter than this. Do I really need to don a bathing suit?? nah. A t-shirt and shorts or a skirt do me just fine, thank you. Let's leave the bikinis for the young single-without-children ladies. Although...I do have to say I'm looking forward to some chillin' with my peeps by Stephanie's pool....!!


Our latest podcast is live, and I have to say, it was great fun this time. Who am I kidding, it's ALWAYS fun, but I got to be EXTRA girlie on this one and rave about perfume. I recently got in touch with Robin from Now Smell This, an amazing perfume blog, and we did sort of a perfume sniffing (sort of like a wine tasting!). I told her what I liked and disliked in perfumes, and she sent me some samples to try based on that information. Oh, I have some fragrances that I enjoy but a girl is always looking for a new scent. (at least this girl is.) I know my taste in perfume definitely has been changing over time, and often--like a cup of coffee--I never quite get to the bottom of a bottle before I'm done with it. Right now I would love a nice light spring/summer scent to celebrate this glorious season. I'm going to make you listen to the podcast to get the inside information--did Robin pick my new scent? How many tampons up did I rate each one, and why??--because I know you are all burning with desire to hear the end result. Let's just say I'm thinking a new perfume just might be the perfect Mother's Day gift...ahem...:-) Actually I could really and truly care less about getting gifts on those 'must prove your love' occasions...lets face it, when you are happily married with fabulous children you certainly don't need proof that you are loved. (lucky me!) That said, a new scent is my latest Quest. My poor husband....:-)

So! Stay tuned, not only will you get to find out the results of my perfume quest (lucky you!) but eventually you will get to hear Stephanie and Kim give their rants and raves over some samples as well. Huzzah!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home