Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Running Start

A beautiful fall day, another Monday. After getting Sullivan off on the school bus this morning, I went for a walk/run. I love it when I do that, I feel so good about myself! It's definitely best for me to get my working out done in the morning. All I need is my coffee, then to throw on some exercise-type clothes, rub the sleep out of my eyes so I can see where I'm going, plug the old iPod into my ears, and off I go. When Northwest Athletic Club recently sold out and became Lifetime Fitness, I bailed on my membership. It really had nothing to do with the Lifetime thing, although it was a BIT more money per month. Mainly it was a chance to get out of the contract, and let's face it, I wasn't using the gym much lately. I LOVE the gym, but especially in the summer months, sometimes it's just impossible to get enough use out of it. Of course it's ironic that I quit right as school was starting when I actually WOULD have the time, but since I've started walking/running more, I thought I'd try that for a while. Stephanie's friend Maud actually gave me a great idea...thinking about Tai Chi again. I had actually thought about doing that and then decided to do Tae Kwon Do instead...and as most of you know, after getting to red belt, I had to quit because of my gimpy back. Obviously Tai Chi would be much easier on the back, still getting exercise, but yet still having that martial art feel and discipline. I like that. I thought about yoga for a while, too, but I think Tai Chi would probably be more my thing. It all comes down to money, though, and honestly I'm not sure about spending another monthly fee at this time. I'll have to see....but if anyone out there knows of a good Tai Chi place in the twin cities, please let me know!

Tonight my dear husband is working on putting up a fence section in the back yard, to prepare for Digby!!! Luckily most of the yard is already fenced from everyone around us, but there are a couple of sections that need it. I'm so excited, it makes it seem all that much more REAL. Another good thing is that I realized today that Digby is not 3 weeks old as of yesterday, but 4! Halfway to the two month mark, which is around when we can get him. :-) I was just emailing my friend Pat today telling him that I felt like an expectant mother who can't wait to have that baby already! (and then also saying that at least I don't have that horrible crotch pressure that went along with it!) That will be some good exercise, taking that baby for a walk!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home