Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Two Cents

Aunty Em, Aunty Em! When Sullivan woke me up at 7:00 on the dot this morning, I couldn't believe it wasn't the middle of the night...what a dark and stormy morning! Rain all day yesterday, looks like rain all day today. Good thing I'm meeting Stephanie for coffee, the perfect day for it. (when I said that to my husband he laughed and said, "what do you mean?? ANY day is the perfect day to have coffee with Stephanie!" Does he know me or what?! And he's so right.) This is the third Friday in a row that Steph and I have had a morning coffee date whilst Sullivan is in school, and it's been lovely. A luxury, fo sho. OH, did I say luxury? That reminds me of this woman who commented on Stephanie's blog yesterday. I'm not going to go into details about it, but basically this woman felt like she needed to give Stephanie her unwanted opinion--which wasn't very nice.

Basically the whole thing started because Stephanie talked about finding balance and moderation for herself and this woman lashed back and told her to be grateful and stop complaining. ! I don't get people who do that on other people's blogs. I mean, this is a total stranger you're barking at. Would you walk up to someone on the street and and start telling them how they should be living their life?! At one point in the back and forth this woman said she thought we (Stephanie and others who were clearly saying they understood Stephanie's position) 'needed a perspective'. Who the hell is she?! She was saying how a blog isn't the place, one should only talk about these things with friends. Well lady, a forum is the place where people go back and forth with their 2 cents--not a blog. A blog is about people's everyday thoughts and well, sometimes people actually want to 'complain' or-- *gasp*--mention something that isn't going 100% peachy-keen in their lives. I don't care where you are at in your life--you can be the most successful, rich, well-loved person in the world. You have problems. And why should you not be allowed to have your problems? What got me the most is that this person actually assumed that my friend wasn't grateful for what she had, and didn't know a damn thing about the details of the matter or what she is like as a person. And why the hell does she care?! There is no point to get on someone's blog and be hurtful. Not that anyone really cares about some lunatic stranger's 'perspective' anyway--but it's just the idea of her thinking she has the right. UG!Stephanie was smart and deleted all comments about the situation, it was getting WAY too out of hand. (so sorry, you can't read them!) Stephanie has WAY too much class to stoop down to this woman's level. (more class than I do--her comment back was much nicer than mine! Ha!)

I just had to rant about that because the whole thing made me so angry. If anyone tries to hurt my friends I automatically want to karate-chop their ass! Ha! I know I don't have to say this to most of my readers out there, (all 5 of them!) but I just have to get MY 2 cents in....please take my advice and remember that a blog is a blog. Don't shoot off horrid un-wanted comments to total strangers. It's not your place. And it all comes down to this simple solution--if you don't like what you are reading, then stop reading it!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just kidding! It's just me, I couldn't resist, hee, hee. I knew you'd laugh when you saw the name. How Maven of me, huh? I'm not usually the trickster...

    Thanks for the coffee and chat this a.m., it's my favorite date of the week, girlfriend!

    Stay dry!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    OMG, I totally got that skip in my heart when I saw that name and was ready to hit the big DELETE button....hilarious! Maven is TOTALLY rubbing off on you!

    Coffee was the best, as always!!! :-) OMG, right now I am laughing so hard over our latest FH...fartin' in da spoon....hahahahahahaha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home