Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Which Witch?!

K, I'm just about the luckiest girl in the world. Last night Stephanie showed up around 6:30, to take me to this 'mystery destination', something that she and Kim had been cooking up for my birthday. Vivian and Cory knew all about it, and turns out they were in on this dastardly plan, big-time. Cory wouldn't tell me what was up, but he did hint that I shouldn't be TOO casual as Kim said I could be for our night out. Hmmmm. So I made sure to wear something comfy, but kind of fun. Vivian had been worrying me, talking it up and saying, "Look out, Mom!" whenever I would mention this night coming up. I know that my friend Kim is indeed the Maven of Mischief, so who knows what these ladies were up to?!

So we get to Kim's house and Stephanie says, "This is where we're going!" I thought maybe there was another trick coming up, but no...I get into the house and am greeted by Kim who says that we're having a 70's birthday party! WOO HOO!!!!!!! I walk into her dining room and am completely aghast at what I see....not only is it decorated with streamers and balloons, but there is an amazing flash-back from the 70's all set up on the table, waiting for me....none other than the Which Witch? game, the very game we've talked about on the podcast and the one that I've even been eyeing on ebay lately!!!! I stood there pointing with my mouth open for quite a few seconds, I was in total shock! OMG, the perfect evening. Playing a vintage game that I totally remembered from my childhood with my incredible friends and eating yummy 70's kid-food! Stephanie made delicious Mac and Cheese--and we're not talkin' Kraft, here!--and delectable Sloppy Joes!!!!!! We had chips, beer, wine, this lovely food, and then mini birthday cupcakes complete with coconut (my fave!) and sprinkles!!!!!!! We laughed and played late into the night.

What friends I have. They put so much thought and effort into this night...especially since neither of them especially enjoy playing board games!!!! :-) Such a sacrifice! Hey, if this is what '40' is going to be all about, bring it on!!!!!! Which Witch every Friday night from now on, right girls? Girls....? ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um, maybe not every Friday night, but definitely again! What a BLAST! Kim gets the credit, she conjured the whole spell herself, that Maven. A perfect night, hanging with the girls, I loved it. I agree, if this is 40, I'll take it! Love you, Birthday Girl!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home