Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, May 12, 2006

A Sleepy Day

Good *yawn* morning...no, wait! Good afternoon! With this cold, dreary day and after getting to bed after midnight the past two nights, I am one sleepy Metal Momma. I had to think long and hard about whether I should use this time whilst Sullivan watches the half-hour long "Baby Neptune" ( a Baby Einstein movie that at five years old, still holds his attention!) to write a new blog entry, or to lay down with my soft blankie over me and catch some ZZZ's. (life is rough, isn't it?!) But I felt such a responsibility to my two faithful readers, so, the blog won out. Aren't you lucky?? :-)

I was up late on Wednesday because I met my Feminine Hijinx minxes for our first roving podcast at McCoys, which actually turned out to be one big bust. The restaurant was WAY too noisy and that was WAY too annoying. Not a good thing in a podcast. It can only be annoying if it's something I'M doing to be annoying. But of course we ladies still managed to have fun and talk way into the night. Who, us??

Last night I really had no excuse for staying up late, I was watching "Crimson Tide" on TNT. Gene Hackman really gives me the creeps. He's always playing some leering, crotchety old guy. Of course there was no kissing going on in this movie, but I kept grossing myself out wondering what it would be like to have to kiss Gene Hackman. Probably because I had seen the end of "The Firm" the other night, (probably another too-late night with TNT) in which Gene Hackman plays a leering crotchety old lawyer and the actress in the movie (can't remember her name now) DOES have to kiss him. Ug. That's enough to turn you off your popcorn.

This morning I took Sullivan to his kindergarten assessment at what will soon be his new school. Sigh. It was fun to be in the building again, talking with teachers that all know his big sister Vivian. Sullivan made his mother proud, acing all of the little tests they have to do and reading this little sheet they had available with no problem at all. He even made sure to count the sides of the octagon before proudly announcing that it was one. It's going to be one wild ride with that boy, I tell you. Of course the other plus of the morning was that I got to see Kim. She's such a nice school secretary. She even donned her sunshine yellow apron for me as she got ready for lunch duty.

Today is a tired day indeed. Yesterday I read the entire "Ramona the Pest" book to Sullivan--which warmed the cockles of my soul, being one of my all-time fave children's books--and today we're on to "Ramona the Brave". Tonight will be a yummy Raclette dinner with challah bread that Coreman always gets on his way home from work on Fridays. Tradition! Maybe tonight I will get to bed at a decent time. No TNT! Bad TNT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home