Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, April 23, 2006

More Patio Musings

Here I am AGAIN, on the patio. It's sunny, a slight breeze, a lovely 68 degrees...how could I be anywhere BUT on my patio?? (Now Pat, you can't get mad at me this time...it's a SUNDAY and it's very likely you are taking the opportunity to be on your patio as well. ;-)) I even skipped church this morning to be outside--HEATHEN!--and took a nice long walk whilst listening to the latest Feminine Hijinx show. I am definitely my own best audience. I didn't actually skip church on purpose, per se...my sweet husband let me sleep in this morning and I was literally conked out until 9:00. That's rare for me. Normally after my little alarm clock wakes me at 7:00, even if Cory gets up with him, I can only lay in bed for another hour or so if I'm lucky, and I don't normally fall back into a deep sleep. Not this time. I guess I was catching up after that girlie sleepover. (see previous post!)

Now Cory has the kids at his first softball practice of the season. He plays on the church team--isn't that cute? I usually go to the games but there is no actual watching of the game with Sullivan. Of course he just wants to run around the nearby playground and has no interest in sitting still on the bleachers and yelling, "Canna Corn, Canna Corn"! (hear previous podcast, show #8!!)

I would have gone with them today but I have my rolfing appointment with the lovely Siana Goodwin. I haven't been in to see her in WAY too long. Thanks to a nice tax return, I can hopefully get in the rest of my treatments in the next few weeks! For those of you wondering, don't ask me to explain what rolfing is, exactly. That's why I included that link. All I know is that I lay on a table for about an hour and a half, Siana gently pokes, prods and messages me from head to toe (now now, don't let your mind go there...this is totally legit!!) and when I leave there I feel great. The changes rolfing has made for me and my chronic back trouble have been incredible. I would not say I am 100% cured--I still wake up stiff sometimes in the morning and still will find myself in a hitch every so often--but whenever that happens I recover so much more quickly and overall, it is SO much better than it used to be. I totally recommend Siana. She is amazing, and a very fun and relaxing person to be with for an hour and a half while she's poking, prodding and messaging. And it DOESN'T HURT! I know rolfing sounds like a scary word to many, and maybe some people that practice it do make it painful--but not Siana.

What a lovely way to end a week. A morning walk, a lovely patio visit, relaxing back-work and conversation with Siana, then probably more outside time with the fam. Hooray! Then on to another week already. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home