Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, April 21, 2006

They Grow Up

Here's my little girl, the second girl back getting ready to take her place at the mic and sing a solo for her 4th grade concert that I attended last night. (Coreman was too busy filming a movie clip to actually get a photo of her singing) As soon as the first note left her mouth, the water works were flowing. Man, that girl has a voice. It's so sweet and pure--she said at some point afterward someone told her they thought she had an angel stuck in her throat! :-) I was the proud Mom, indeed. The whole concert was so cute, all of the kids did such a great job!

And now here is my little angel, on the bottom of a hog-pile of giggling 10 year old girls. Whew, we're in for a long night--they are all having a slumber party as I type! I have a sneaking suspition that there is not going to be much slumber going on, however. The party started out with a couple of boys here, too, with all of them downstairs screaming, laughing and dancing. Oh, the Din! Now the girls have all moved upstairs into Vivian's room, and it's a bit quiet. I'll have to sneak up there in a bit. :-)

Coreman told me the funniest thing today. Some guy called about the Montero he's attempting to sell. I guess at some point he asked Cory something like, "So, will I be flossin' in that car?" He actually used the word 'flossin', in complete seriousness. I think he even asked Cory if he was flossin' in the car. Cory kind of chuckled and said, yeah, he guessed he was flossin'. I had called Cory from IKEA (yes, I attempted IKEA again and I must say it was a rather nice IKEA experience) and he told me this on the phone--I literally had a throw-the-head-back-and-howl right there. I turned a few heads, I did.

Now, I always thought flossin' meant showing something off in a proud way, but Cory looked it up and he thought it meant 'posing'. Hmmmm. Well, I guess maybe it did mean the latter because the guy was supposed to come look at the car tonight and he hasn't called. Who knew we'd need to brush up on our slang in order to sell our car?! Hilarious.

Well, I'm hearing a few shrieks up there, so, it's not all THAT quiet. It will be amazing if any of us get sleep tonight. Did I agree to this?? And when the heck did my daughter turn TEN???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home