Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hijinx on the Patio, and in the Pine

We at the household here have been total Patio Whores the past few days. We've had everybody and anybody on our patio, thank you very much. You saw Gary on the previous post, and since then we've also had our friend Tony over, who has known Coreman since the college days. (there he is with Sullivan!) Didn't get a picture of Slip on the patio, unfortunately, but he bought us pizza and that was a very nice thing. He also brought the movie "Walk the Line", with the intention of all of us watching it together, but MY HUSBAND actually suggested we TALK instead. ! It does happen, ladies! You CAN be a good influence on your man!

I talked about our patio hijinx on the latest podcast last night, and I must say, it felt like one of our best. That's especially amazing, too, because it was a do-over. Yup, we had a Technical Difficulty in the form of Garage Band completely shutting down the recording after all of eight seconds, and so we had to re-create the entire show. I wasn't sure if we could pull it off with the same feeling of spontaneity we had the first time, but we just rolled with it and it was great! I have to say, I am completely impressed with my minxes! Good show, ladies! Fo sho!(Here's a photo we're hoping to get on the Libsyn site--our site host!)

We have been having so many fun things come up from all of this. We continue to have some great comments on our site, even garnering a fan who is an 18 year old guy living in the UK. Cory's friend Christopher, who has a computer business called macworks and was over to talk shop with Coreman the other night whipped one of our business cards out of his pocket and actually asked me to sign it--ha! He joked around about selling it on ebay. Hilarious. We've even been contacted by a publicist in New York who represents a comedian that may just pop up as a phone-in guest on the show soon. tee hee.

So, who knew? All of this, from our little silly show down in the naughty pine.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not meaning to seem a stalker or anything but I've just stumbled here and found ya blog while I was looking through my website stats. :D So this is where I can find all the gossip about ya :p

    Hope you're ok??

    Keep up the excellent work!

    - Dale (The 18 Year Old British Lad)
    xxx

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Hey there! Yeah, you just may get more info than you bargain for here. I saw you had some birthday wishes for the Queen on your blog...that's pretty darn sweet. I don't think I'd give a neveryoumind about Pres. Bush's date of birth---ha!

    Take care!--Suz

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I take it the American's view on George Bush is the saem as the British's view? That he is a (f)*bleeping* (c)*bleep* ?? He he.

    Take care too.

    - Dale
    xxx

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Considering 51 % of America voted for the dolt, I guess I can't say that about their point of view...but this American agrees with you Brits, 100%. !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home