Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Life on the Patio

Ahhhhhh....8:00 AM and I'm sitting here on my patio. It's one of those mornings where there is NO staying in the house no matter what. I threw sweatshirts on Sullivan and I and we padded out in our slippers, coffee and sidewalk chalk in hand. Oh, how I love this weather!

I guess I could have just slept right here, considering this is where I was last night, too. Stephanie brought Nathan over for a playdate with Vivian, and that turned into a full-on BBQ with them and the Billadeaus. First BBQ of the season! Yeah! Not bad for the beginning of April. Stephanie brought leftovers from her fabulous party--YUM--and Kim brought me a vintage postcard she found that said "He-Is Risen" (for those of you who have listened to Feminine Hijinx, you get the joke!--and yes, there really is a hyphen between the 'he' and the 'is' on the card...??!!) --I love my friends! They are so good to me! It was a grand time to be had by all, adults and kids alike.

And speaking of Feminine Hijinx, stuffed full of burgers and potato salad, we ladies descended down into the naughty pine to record another episode. I was so full, I actually had my full half glass of wine without feeling a thing! We also got our business cards that Brian designed, so now we can pass those out to people who inquire about what we've been up to. They are so incredibly cool! Thank you so much, Brian!!

So today, nothing much planned--which is perfect on a day like this. These are the days when I feel especially blessed not to have to put on work clothes and go sit in some stuffy office to do my job. Thank you so much, Coreman!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home