Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hijinx Headache!


How 'bout that apron! I had to don it as I served my lemon bars!!!

Oh, my aching head! Not from the wine us Feminine Hijinx ladies had whilst recording a new podcast last night, no...from the endless maniacal laughter that I could not control. Getting together with those girls, I feel like I'm in high school again--or maybe junior high??--and at almost 40, that is a wonderful, refreshing thing. Kyle was a great guest, although our endless gabbing hardly gave him a word in edgewise. Lessons to be learned, since all this is new to us and Kyle was our virgin guest! :-) We got some good baseball talk in, for any male listeners that are still hanging in there with us, and I shared my story of playing Dirty Barbies with a childhood friend. Very educational, let me tell you. We ended the podcast, as we will with all of our guests, with Kyle picking out a mystery question or topic to answer or talk about out of the bejeweled Tampax box I made just for the occasion. The Tampax Topics. You'll have to listen to the podcast to find out what Kyle got, and how he answered....!

Kyle left soon after--probably running all the way home--and the girls (and Brian and the Coreman!) hung out and laughed some more. That's when the REAL fun started happening. Poor Stephanie--she told a story on the podcast that involved a power drill and her hair, and at some point while she was absentmindedly playing with a lock of said hair, she gazed in horror at a giant clump that magically appeared in her hand! Turns out she lost more than she first thought she did!!! This of course became the center of some serious hijinx, because no surprise that the first thing that popped into my head was that it looked just like a merkin. Then the merkin became gross body hair that was springing up all over the place. Kim was very brave to put this tuft under her nose, considering where it had already been....(I decided to keep those photos out of here, to protect the not-so-innocent!) Then I placed it between my toes, wondering what I would look like with Hobbit feet--for the photo I placed my foot directly over the freshly-baked lemon bars for serious gross-out effect. Man, we were on fire. After everyone left I was still laughing, my nose stuffy and my head pounding. I swear, that will be how I die someday. An embolism will interrupt one of my laughs and poof! That will be it. I guess that's not a bad way to go.

So, even though the Merkin Mischief was behind the scenes and not included in the podcast--I know, you are seriously disappointed!--I think it turned out to be a pretty darn good show. And anyone out there who is brave enough to subscribe to the show, please do so on itunes and leave us a review! The more reviews, the higher up on the podcast scale we go! We don't want much, just to take over the world. Mwah ah ah ah ahhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home