Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Meeting New People

You know, doing the Feminine Hijinx podcast is great fun and I'm so thankful my husband suggested it. I can't tell you what a hoot it's been having regular scheduled chats and laughs with my peeps and having people actually be interested in what we have to say! I sort of figured it would be fun, but what I didn't think about was the cool people we are 'meeting' and getting to know better (at least, meeting through cyber-space--how hilariously, and somehow sadly, a sign of the times) being a result of it. I've heard Kim mention her brother on and off, but after getting some amazing feedback from him and even a hilarious mention on his blog, reading his blog I'm 'getting to know' yet another great person. People I don't normally keep in touch with or that we don't know from Adam are emailing us or commenting on our site, and then we get to know a little about them. Today I read an email from a woman named Donna who designs jewelry here in Minneapolis--she started as something to get her mind off of her chemo treatment, and is now very successful and gives part of her earnings to the Breast Cancer foundation. Truly an inspiration.

So there it is. What we do on Feminine Hijinx is silliness, all in fun, in the grand scheme of things not very meaningful to anyone other than a good laugh--for us, and hopefully for our listeners. But I'm starting to realize that something amazing can actually come out of it, and I certainly didn't expect to go there! I am feeling the love, people! It's a very good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home