Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Serious Heavy Metal!


As much as I've poo-pooed the Olympics and the misguided priorities of it all, it's pretty darn cool to wear a real honest-to-goodness medal around your neck. Tricia and Todd were over last night, and Tricia, being a 3-time Olympic medalist on the USA women's hockey team, brought her hardware over for us to see. You should have seen Vivian's face. You could just see the gears turning in her head, realizing that what she was holding was the same type of medal that she was seeing on the athletes that were standing on those Torino podiums. I had to print up these photos for her this morning, so she could take them to school. Cute! There she is, sporting the 1998 gold medal from Nagano and the 2002 silver from Salt Lake City. And there I am, wearing the Torino bronze, looking like I just medaled in my own event...what would that be, I wonder? Loudest laugh ever? Ability to make a grown man blush?? Certainly not any kind of sport!!! You wouldn't believe the heft of these things. Now that is some serious heavy metal!!!

Tricia agreed to being a guest on an upcoming Feminine Hijinx podcast. Cool! I told her to be prepared--we are not going to want to know anything about the sport, we're more interested in those crazy opening ceremony outfits and who was fraternizing with who. I mean, that's the IMPORTANT news, eh? I'll keep you posted as to when she'll be joining us! Poor Tricia, she has no idea what she's getting into...heh heh heh...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    Suz, That's neat!!! Vivian looks so proud!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home