Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

More Celebrating

Happy New Year, one and all! I hope you all have enjoyed your holiday celebrations....I sure have! It's been the perfect mix of relaxation and fun, friends and family. I am behind in my blog-posting, there have been many fun days worth typing about but alas, not a lot of time to spend writing about it. Or I DO write a long post and then get so frustrated that my photos won't upload that I just pass. This post will be mostly photos, let's hope it works!

Any New Year's Resolutions for y'all? I've never gotten into that, I have to say. I refuse to deny myself anything, and most resolutions are usually about giving up something that's bad for you. (I don't do Lent, either.) I'd love to hear yours if you have some!

OK, here is A Very Metal Holiday, by Suz:

Steph and I's last coffee date, where she gave me the most fabulous of all egocentric Christmas gifts...a Juicy Couture bracelet that has it's name on one side--but of course!--and none other than 'Her Majesty' on the other. OMG, Fabulous. In my not-so-humble opinion, every woman should loudly declare her royal status. How very Metal!!

Here we are at Stephanie's house, enjoying a lovely Ladies Brunch. As she always does whenever I'm over there, Stephanie spoiled us with amazing food and her most gracious hostess-ness. One of The Best ways to spend an afternoon...great food with great women. (especially when someone else is cooking it for you...Her Metal Majesty definitely approves..!)

Christmas Eve was so nice...going to the Christmas Eve service as good Lutherans do and then coming back here for some serious present opening. I will say I'm pretty sure we all got what we wanted...especially me, my big gift from my ever-luvin' being an incredible sparkly blingy oh-so-me pink tourmaline, diamond and rose gold ring. wow.

A lovely Christmas dinner with friends and family. Dinner, gift exchange, a girl's card Bingo and a Men's Bowling game on the new Wii that Santa brought....fun had by all!

As you know, holidays are all about spending time with family and friends...and it was quite nice to spend a morning with my friend Darcie and her two sweet boys, in town from their year-long stay in London!

New Year's Eve found us at Stephanie's sister Stacey's incredible home, quietly partying it up with her friends and family. How lucky are we to be included in such company??

We spent the first day of 2008 over at Mark and Dawn's house warming up on a cold cold day with some fabulous chili. Four different kinds, to be exact! (my personal fave was a Vegetarian one that included cashews and raisins...sounds strange I know, but to die for...definitely a recipe I will get!) Another day spent with great people and food, even a little dancing to "Laura" by the Scissor Sisters...why have I not heard of this band?! Great disco-dance/sometimes bluesy/glam rock music with in your face lyrics such as "you can't see tits on the radio...". METAL!

Hallelujah, successful photo posting! Here's to 2008!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year, Suz! Make it a great one ;-)
    Nice photos you got there. Seems like you had a great time!
    Hugs, Rob.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Thanks Rob, a very Happy New Year to you as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home