Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's a Good Thing

The first day of 40 has begun, and as Martha would say, it's a good thing. I woke up to chilly sunshine, having to put on my snuggly-wuggly robe for the first time since winter. (that's a good thing now...ask me again in a few months...!) I got my cuppa and went out on the porch, observing the many tables and chairs that were set up all over our patio area--remnants of last night's Shameless 40th Birthday Bash. I had to wipe a tear or two, thinking how last night it was filled with wonderful friends and family that were so loving and generous, sharing this milestone with me. I'm so grateful for everyone in my life!!! There were many gifts--even though they were specifically told to ONLY bring themselves and their appetites for cake!--including a pack of Depends diapers. Lovely. I actually put those in my closet for future use. Hey, one less pack I'll have to inevitably buy. The evening even included a presentation by my sweet and loving hubby, (that's my cutie, on the left!) complete with a very thoughtful and thought out speech by him and poems written and read by my peanuts. *sniff!!!*

The only bummer of the evening was the fact that I COMPLETELY forgot about my camera until the very end when most people had left, so I didn't get many photos at all!!!!! Can you believe it?! What a total drag. Ah well, I'll always have the memories. And now I can truly say that I've had just about EVERYONE on my patio. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home