Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Morning After


Okay, I have to admit it...watching the Olympic opening ceremony at Pam and Gary's was pretty fun after all. Of course, it's no surprise that hanging out with P and G is a good time, it always is no matter what you're doing. But I did find myself enjoying the show. Of course enjoying it does not take away the fact that I still think the fanfare is pretty ridiculous. Giant trees dancing around with legs sticking out of the bottom and women parading around donning entire mountain ranges, complete with trees and skiers, is undeniably fodder for ridicule. (it is folly!) How can anyone be serious about that?? But I will admit that there is something cool about all of these people from around the world coming together for a couple of weeks. Especially when you see someone you know and have had pizza with on TV! Tricia Dunn-Loma, who plays on the women's USA hockey team was in plain view, and that was pretty cool. (below is the head shot that Cory, my amazing photographer husband, took for her!) Of course, it's easy to get wrapped up in those warm fuzzy feelings when you are forgetting that it's all just a charade. As cool as it was to see these performance artists form a dove of peace with their bodies, it just gave me a melancholy feeling. It's a nice idea but I have a feeling that world peace thing ain't ever gonna happen. Don't mean to see things half empty here, people, but really. No amount of interpretive dance or poetry readings from Yoko Ono is going to change anything.

Ah well, guess I'll just continue to plod on here and make my own peace. Today is a peaceful Saturday. I went to the gym for my new Coreboard class and met up with Greg and Rosemarie, who are in my gourmet group. They are so cute, taking their little yoga class together!!! Yoga is in the same room as Coreboard, so I have been seeing them as they come out and I go in. Rosemarie decided to stay and take my class with me, so that was fun! It's always much more fun to make a fool of yourself with someone else. Rosemarie is a work-out pro, tho. She takes a ton of classes, even the ones I am afraid of. Impressive!! The rest of the day will be continuing the trim painting, editing my Sugar and Spice story, and maybe even heading to the mall to use Cory's Gap card he got for X-mas. Nothing like a little all-American family fun, spending time at the mall. I may not have world peace, but I can go shopping!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home