Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sugar and Spice--again



Ooooh, a snowy February day. Perfect for recording a children's book, wouldn't you say? (I know, you were just about to do that and I stole your idea...sorry about that.) As if I don't have enough to worry about I had to go ahead and write a children's story and think about getting THAT out in the world. Suz Inundates the World! It's a scary thought. I know I've mentioned this Sugar and Spice thing in a previous post, so I'm not going to bore my readers who have been so kind to have stuck with me from the beginning with the same old jazz...God forbid I bore all 2 of them!...but basically it's a story idea that popped into my head about a year or so ago, a story about a couple of cats named, well, Sugar and Spice. With trying to get the Warbride snippets done before Lori left on her tour, poor Sugar and Spice got put on the ol' back burner. So today was the day that I finally started recording. The photo above is just a rough sketch/painting of an idea I have for the cover. Haven't nailed that all down yet, though. One thing at a time, people! What do you think I am, a mom, wife, heavy metal singer, jeweler, podcast recorder AND book writer? Oh yeah. What the hell am I thinking?!



So I'll keep you all posted as to when this baby may be available. Meanwhile, I've gotta go play Scooby-Doo with Sullivan. Maybe this time we can just play LIFE, (remember that game? Love it!) and I can pretend I'm marrying Orlando Bloom again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home