Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, February 10, 2006

Killer PC Chocolate


TGIF! After dinner, listening to a little KISS, making a chocolate cake with the Killer Chocolate Sauce that Stephanie made me not long ago. She is a darn good friend, bringing me some serious chocolate when I most needed it. I'm tellin' ya, this stuff is AWESOME and I'm so glad I have an excuse to make it! Our friend Gary invited us over to he and Pam's house tonight for a little viewing of the opening Olympics ceremony. To be quite honest, I couldn't give one hoot about the Olympics. I know, I know, how anti-American. (funny, I've felt more and more anti-American ever since Bush came into the picture...! After all, my bush would make a better president!!) But I just don't get all the fanfare with the Olympics. Or the Super Bowl. Or the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Just name a big sport event, and I don't get it! And I don't think it's because I am not an athlete and could care less about sports in general, because we all know I love music and movies and I think the Grammys and the Oscars are ridiculous, too.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter who is the best at kicking and throwing a football? Or who some panel of judges, who most of us know nothing about, deem to sing the best or play a character most convincingly? I watch some of this stuff and just have to laugh. I was flipping through the channels around the time of the Super Bowl and happened to catch someone bringing out the big Vince Lombardi trophy that is presented to the winner at the end of the game. I found it hilarious, the fanfare involved. I mean, the damn trophy had it's own sound track--some booming epic theme that would be the background from some superhero movie or something. It's a piece of metal, people! That is given to some guys that run around in tight pants and throw a ball around. I watched the Grammys the other night, the first time ever I believe. I didn't even find it all that entertaining. At one point U2 was winning yet another award and I found it annoying that Bono
was up there trying to make Kanye West feel better about not getting it himself, reminding him that they weren't rewarded for other albums they've put out in the past. Awww, poor U2. Don't get me wrong--if Warbride were ever invited to be on the Grammys (ha!) and won an award, I'd be amazed and grateful. (what a scary thought...if a miracle occurred and that were to happen, I'd need a gown that hid my Depends by then! Then again....I couldn't be any older than Sir Paul McCartney!!) But think about it...if our country put as much energy into things that really mattered or made a difference in real people's lives, wow! The things we could do!

Okay, back to the cake. Didn't mean to get too PC there. I HATE PC, but I guess I do have my PC moments. Sheesh. I think I need my own sound track, actually. What would it be?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loved baking a Happy Cake for my friend Suz!!!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home