Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

'Tis I, the Metal Queen!

The internet is a strange and wonderful thing. One day you are a suburban mommy, the next you are a Metal Queen. I received a comment on this very blog from a woman telling me she is a big Lori Linstruth fan, and complimenting me on the new Warbride snippets. She told me she has a web site dedicated to women of metal, www.metalqueens.com. Imagine my surprise when I went to her site and there was the very photo of me that was on this blog a little while ago! (click on the 'news' link, and scroll down a bit) Whoa! Kinda cool. I'm thinking, though, if I was going to be put on some site called Metal Queens, I probably should have teased up my hair a bit more and put on some more lipstick for that picture!!! It's a bit weird to think some of those 'metal fans' out there may stumble upon this and be reading my day-to-day fodder on this thing...I mean, a person has her image to uphold. Dropping the kids off at school or making chili is not very metal. (well, I suppose chili could maybe be metal if I made it really spicey, or if I talked about really bad farts that occurred because of it...farts are pretty metal) Well, I guess I'm not quite at that national level to where I need to worry about my image anyway. But it sure is nice to be considered a Metal Queen. NICE! (that was for you, Lisa!) Now if only I could get everyone to bow down to me whenever I entered a room.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FART!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Spoken from someone with experience...ha!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fee...qua!

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Suz!

    Thanks for nice things you said!!

    I think you there's no need to tease up the hair or talk about nasty things when you have a metal heart :-)

    I'll be adding some more Warbride stuff soon (I hope so), so I'll tell you when I do :-)

    All the best

     

Post a Comment

<< Home