Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, February 13, 2006

Always, always on a Sunday...


Whew, Sundays have been anything but days of rest around here lately. After church with the Billadeaus again--that Kim is becoming a regular Holy Roller! Ha!--I came back here, did a little cleaning, and then brought Vivian over to Emily's house to play. (after she did her Sunday cleaning chores...wow, I guess Sunday REALLY isn't the day of rest in our house!!) In the afternoon Cory, Sullivan and I headed over to my friend Anne's house for our own play date--with the entire gang! Anne is of the Mom's group I met through Darcie. She, Darcie and Sara and I have been getting together for a while now...gosh, can't even think how long it's been right off the bat. A few years, for sure. It started out as bi-weekly play dates for the kids (well, and always for the moms, of course!) and then, as Anne and Darcie started multiplying and the number of children became crazy, it became more of a peaceful coffee night out just for moms! Yesterday Anne and her husband Todd decided to be brave and invite all of us over together so we could see each other's kids, and meet each other's husbands that we hear so much about! It was very nice, and amazingly peaceful, considering we had 7 kids together, all 4 and under. When it was time to eat, they all sat around the table together like little angels. Amazing! The grownups had a pretty good time together, too. Such a nice group of people, and Anne has such a lovely home. So, thank you Anne and Todd!!! That successful gathering made me realize that we all need to get together again, for sure.



Then it was back here for a little hijinks...Feminine Hijinx, that is! Stephanie, Kim and I's first inaugural podcast! First we went out into Coreman's studio so he could get some photos of us for the upcoming F.H. website. Right away, there were some hijinks going on. Between us grabbing each other's butts and/or boobs, throwing our hair around and throwing some serious and silly attitude, I think we got some pretty great shots! That was just way too much fun. And we hadn't even gotten around to the wine yet. That was downstairs, waiting for us to enhance our podcasting. :-) The first one went quite well, despite the fact that we rambled a bit (who...us?!), maybe not touching on some important preliminary things so people could really get to know who we are and what the heck we are doing, and the fact that my shrieking laugh was causing the sound to spike. There is no compressing The Suz, let me tell you that. No expensive equipment is gonna keep my loud mouth in check. Ah well, all part of the Feminine Hijinx, for sure! I'm so proud of my peeps, not having much experience in front of a mic and getting themselves out there, those girls were amazing and were so at ease. I'm so excited!!! We'll be meeting again for another installment next Sunday, and I can't wait!

So! A couple more podcasts under our belt, and we'll be ready to post them for your listening pleasure. When that time comes I will be sure to give you all of the info so you can do just that...if you dare....! As a teaser, I'll include a photo here of one of the many subjects we touched on...tee hee. You'll just have to tune in to find out just what that's all about...if you dare...! :-) See how I am??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home