Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fogies Unite!

Feeling sentimental, as I often do, I was thinking I needed some Madonna. I've never really been a fan, in fact, I think she has a pretty crummy voice. But there are a few songs, in spite of myself, that I wouldn't mind having. I think one is called "Secret", that I kind of like. "Like a Prayer" is kind of cool, especially when the choir kicks in. And of course "Erotic" is naughty, and naughty is good. So I found this album called GHV2that seems palatable...a few songs of hers put together as a compilation that are all in the 'radio' or techno versions. Nice.

I also came across Billy Idol in a magazine I was reading. He's come out with new album! Amazing. (I guess I'm dating myself, calling it an album, eh?!) I went onto itunes and listened to some samples, I may even buy it! I remember him from my L. A. days. I used to see him pretty often at a club called Exposeur 54, hanging out with X- Sex Pistols guitar player, Steve Jones. I have no idea what Steve Jones is like now, but back then he was pretty laughable in his long 80's rocker hair--of course that was what was 'in' back then, but it was exactly what he and his old cronies in the Sex Pistols would have made fun of. I seem to remember both he and Billy Idol were always really trashed. They seemed old to me then! I had no desire to hang with old men. Ha!

And now here's Billy Idol again, he seems to have cleaned up his act. Cool. And whilst poking around on itunes I also disovered a new Ric Ocasek album. (formerly of an 80's band, The Cars) I was just talking to Coreman this morning about how it seems that this is the day of the Old Fogies. It seems that so many old rockers are making comebacks these days, or that they just refuse go away! It seems to be the perfect time for Warbride! Ha! I think I should design Swarovski crystal encrusted Depends cod pieces, maybe I could make millions. Geriatric Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home