Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, September 16, 2005

Fashion Rant

Can someone please answer me this question...why, oh why is it so impossible to find the perfect article of clothing when you are looking for it?! Oh, okay, not impossible. Let me re-phrase that. Why, oh why is it so impossible to find the perfect article of clothing IN YOUR BUDGET when you are looking for it? I mean heck, I could go into Anthropologie, close my eyes and point and find the most amazing glorious thing, but I'd need to rob a bank first--and that's not going to happen. (Although, after seeing this jacket, I considered it...!) Cory and I got invited to a rock roll party given by my old beau Zackary Vex (yes to you faithful readers, the one I mentioned earlier) and what the heck am I gonna wear?! I need something that says, young-at-heart but not trying-to-look-too-young. Rock and roll, but not Tawny Kitaen. Classy, but not overly-sophisticated. Understated, yet out there. And yet, something in my budget.

My patient friend Darcie and I are heading out to shop tonight, to see if any such item exists. I am already thinking negatively, because you know how it is...it's like a man--if you are looking for it, it will elude you! And I tend to get quite obsessed, as Darcie mentioned to me after emailing her about 5 links to different photos of clothing that may or may not work. I've narrowed it down to some sort of Top. Jeans are the perfect rock and roll party wear, so that's a no-brainer. But I've got to find just the right Top. Hmmmm...

Well, I'll have to let you know what I end up in. Knowing me I won't find a damn thing and will end up grabbing some old thang out of my closet anyway. In the grand scheme of things, when there are many people out there who don't even have nice clothes or a closet to hang them in, it's such a dumb thing to rant about. But it's the way I cope with NOT having to think about those poor people. Retail Therapy!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That jacket would SO look hot on you... :-)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look amazing in everything you wear. Don't sweat it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home