Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, September 19, 2005

Embarrassing Moments

Is there anything MORE embarrassing than showing up to a party before anyone else? Yes. To have the host open the door, take one look at you and exclaim, "You're so EARLY!" Alas, this was indeed Act One, Scene One of the rock and roll party I mentioned in my previous blog entry. Luckily, I think Cory and I pulled it off all right--he brazenly drank the beers that we brought Zack for his house-warming/having a party gift, (so VERY rock and roll!) and I helped set up the food. I kept pretty busy with that, although making sure to avoid the BBQ sauce that needed to be poured into the chafing dish for the meatballs--didn't want to spill or splash on my new killer Top I found on my shopping excursion!! (Success!) On a side note--you gotta love a rock and roll guy with a chafing dish.

So despite being there about an hour and a half before anyone else made an appearance, the party was fun--as fun as a party can be when you don't really know anyone but the host. At least his friends were all very nice, and Zack does have a KILLER pad to hang out in. Plus my husband kept saying how hot I looked, so I'd say the night was still a success. :-)

Here's another Embarrassing Moment. I decided it would be hilarious to list that heart-shaped potato chip on ebay. Cory joked around about it, and I thought, hey...as I mentioned before, it ain't the Virgin Mary or the King of Rock and Roll, but someone may just be kooky enough to pay money for it. I made the price high, at $50, not expecting to really sell it, of course, but just as a hoot. Well, I'm feeling pretty clever, until Cory decides to check and finds that there are no less than FOUR heart- shaped potato chips up for auction on ebay!!!!!! Who knew?! So what started out as me being a Clever Girl has now become me being just another Kook with a heart shaped chip. But of course, mine does look the best, I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home