Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, July 08, 2005

Go Ahead, Make My Day...

...or my month, or my year, or my entire mid-life crisis which I don't necessarily feel like I'm having, but I must be to be singing metal and wearing a Legolas t-shirt. A few days ago, I had the most amazing compliment bestowed upon me. I was picking Vivian up from a friend's house. I knocked, waited a few moments, and then was told to come in. The mother then informed me that as I waited outside the door, her 12 year old boy went to see who was there and reported, "Oh, it's not Vivian's mom...it's some teenage girl." !! I had to totally contain myself from running over and inappropriately giving that boy a big 'ol kiss of thanks! Instead, keeping true to teenage form, I just told him that he rocked. I was so high that I ran out and bought a bikini. Maybe I really shouldn't be wearing one, but hey. Teenage girls do! I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this one. (the compliment, that is...the bikini will probably last one summer before I snap out of it and realize that I'm a one-piece kind of gal) I'm just going to keep telling myself that it really was ME he made the comment about, and not just the Legolas tshirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home