Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, June 24, 2005

Glib

You know, Tom Cruise has really started to bug me lately with his Katie-gushing. If you have read any of my past blog entries, you know this. I mean, I don't want to begrudge anyone their happiness, but come on. He's just embarrassing to watch. And now just to add to the Annoyance Factor, he has told Matt Lauer of the Today Show that he was being 'glib'. Glib! Besides the fact that nobody really uses that word in a normal conversation, for whatever reason, I just hate the word itself. Like jowl. And moist. And Espadrille. It makes no sense, but there are just words that bug me for no apparent reason. I know what you are thinking--how very glib.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susie! OK, not exactly on the Tom theme (he's lost his mind, I completely agree, supposedly the whole reason for this TomKat charade is that he's gay and more people are figuring it out...damage control...from my gay brother...). Anyhoo I thought I'd put down other irritating as hell words to go with those you listed (all of which I agree with!):
    panties
    puberty/pubescent/pubic
    mature (if pronounced with a hard "t" sound, vs. a "ch" sound)
    copasetic
    academe
    areola
    gums (when pronunced "gooms," ugh)
    pus
    comodone
    menstruate
    fungi
    hottie
    morsel
    cellulite (does anyone like this word?)
    gingivitis
    bolus
    jingoistic
    proactive
    spoor
    dialogue (as a verb, ugh)
    robust (for John, who hates it)
    pouch
    gooey
    membrane
    collaborative

    OK, I'll stop there, I could go on forever (sorry). I'll save a few for another blog response! Happy 4th! Great to see you guys tonight! Love, Stephanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home