Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The King is alive!

And I don't mean Elvis. I'm talking about King Kong! I'm so excited! This is Peter Jackson's new project. ( For any of you who possibly don't know who Peter Jackson is, he's the wonderful man who brought us all of the Lord of the Rings movies.) I've read that the original King Kong was what first interested him in film making, hence why he chose this movie to re-make. I remember actually seeing the original on a reel-to-reel...my dad was working in the audio visual department at the University of Iowa and brought it home as a treat one night. This was back in the day before video, you know. I can still smell that screen...and remember how if the movie got stuck, it would get a burn mark on it? That always scared me, like someone's face was turning into a monster or something....ok, now that you all know I need therapy...:-) Even though the experience was quite exciting, the movie itself has never been a big deal to me. Nor was the re-make that was done in 1976. But hey, this is Peter Jackson, and I have to say that the trailer looks pretty good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home