Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Men ARE from Mars

Earlier this week I was reminded once again of the vast difference between men and women. Coming home at midnight from a dinner date with 2 of my girlie friends, Cory asked in awe, "Where have you been for 6 hours?" When I told him that we never left the restaurant, he just could not believe that we could actually sit there and gab for that long. "Was there even a break? A silence?!" he asked. I thought a moment and said, "Only to go pee!"

Cory just can not understand how we women can find so much to talk about. It reminded me of a time, a few years ago, that he met an old college buddy for a beer. I was very excited for him to have a boy's night out, as he rarely does such a thing. He returned from the bar a mere hour and a half later. "What are you doing home already?" I asked in alarm, thinking something horrible must have happened. He just shrugged and said, "We just ran out of things to say!"

I just can't imagine it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home