Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, April 22, 2005

Gym Nirvana

Okay, I know a lot of you are going to hate me for saying this, but I love going the gym. Where else can you see your dentist in gym shorts and run into a hottie guy that my husband has taken nudie pictures of, all in one day? (before you start thinking Cory is a pervert, this guy was an aspiring model and it was all his idea!) Another thing I love about going to the gym is that I will work out there in skimpy little things I never would have been caught dead in a year ago. Maybe it’s because getting there 3-4 days a week is actually paying off a bit, or maybe it’s because I just don’t give a damn anymore. Either way, it’s all good. My friend Darcie brought up a good point, too…she said that being a Mom sort of gives you a whole new perspective on such things. As a person who has created a beautiful child, what else is there to prove?? And I might add that having your legs spread to the world while you are screaming and pooping on the birthing table doesn’t leave a lot of room for modesty, either. (see what I mean? Now you know that about me and I don’t care!)

Now, before you go hating me for enjoying my workouts—bottom line is, they really do make you feel soooo good!—I often ‘jog’ away on the Elipse machine wondering how good I would REALLY look if only I stopped eating cookies and potato chips, along with my sanctimonious workouts. But then again, what fun would that be? None of us are supposed to be perfect anyway, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Skimpy outfits at the gym? Really?!?

    When do you work out again? I'm a new member at that gym and I am going to need some inspiration to keep me going. Ha! (Just don't tell me about the spreading and the pooping when I see you at the gym in your skimpy outfits. It's kind of a buzz kill.) :-)

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Well, to clear things up Quasi, skimpy to me is one of those bra-like gym tops and some shorts. It's not like I workout in my underwear or anything. :-) And I don't recall mentioning the gym I work out at...how mysterious that you know the one of which I speak...?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home