Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, April 16, 2005

From Heavy Metal to Hallelujahs

Good idea, Stephanie, I think I will use that as the title of this post...:-) So this morning I had rehearsal for my church contemporary choir. I know what you are thinking. How can this be? How can this person who sings Melodic Metal also sing in the church choir?! Unbelievable, but true. I kind of like to keep people guessing, if you haven't guessed that about me already. But I do wonder sometimes if I really do belong in that church choir...it seems I can't let a rehearsal go by without laughing about the lyrics or title of one of the songs we are singing. Take the song, "We Give You Thanks". (I'd give props to the composer, but sadly, I can't remember his/her name...!) A lovely song, but the lyrics!!! I can't remember them exactly, but one minute we are singing about "the movement deep within us", then comes "the fire that blazes forward", and my personal favorite, "for the fragrance of release"!! Is it just my naughty mind, or are these hysterical?? This morning I was laughing at the list of available songs on the back of one of the pieces of music..."I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb"-- I have this funny vision of standing amidst a flock of sheep with my hand over my heart. "I Know, I Know"--I can't think of this without hearing it in a motherly Jewish accent. "Shut De Do"--is this someone with a bad accent trying to tell someone to close a door? And now I am really laughing, because I was going to tell you about another that I could have sworn was called "Written in Bed" but I now notice is actually titled, "Written In Red". Hey, I can't be the only one, because two other sopranos saw the same thing! Thank goodness there really are others like me out there.

And then there is my alter ego. For those of you that haven't checked it out, here's my Warbride website. It actually needs updating now, as now it is only Lori and I, the Dynamic Duo. :-) We are working on getting sound bites up, new photos, that sort of thing. That and how the whole thing came about will be for another post. For now I must go repent for my evil, evil ways...:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home