Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, July 14, 2008

Zen and Now

The other afternoon I was pretty much in my heaven hanging out at the lake with my son. (Vivian was off with a friend...such is the life of a 12 year old) Living in the land of 10,000 lakes, I still often forget that within just a few minutes drive I can be laying there on a sandy beach, taking in the glorious sites and sounds of the water. Sullivan loves it too. Our friends Carleen and Susie joined us for the first hour or so and then had to leave--but Sullivan and I stayed on and even went back that evening with the Coreman. (I then remembered to bring my camera!) We were amazed to see that the sand castle complete with bridge and moat that Sully made earlier and was so proud of was still there!

If you live in this area and haven't been to the lake awhile, don't forget about them! You can definitely get your zen on at a place like that, even if you do pull a Marcia Brady and get konked in the nose by a runaway football that someone didn't catch well. ('tis true, it happened...luckily my nose did NOT look like Marcia Brady's in the aftermath!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home