Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, February 02, 2007

Bring it On, Punxsutawney!

I am SO wishing I was back in DC right about now, where it's positively balmy in the high 30's. At 2 degrees and 'feeling like' -13, this is beyond cold here in the frozen Minneapple. At the risk of being crude--of course, when did I ever really worry about that risk??--this is what I call Witch's Tit cold. I don't like it. In fact I find the older I get, the less tolerance I have for it. Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring, and I'm praying the little guy is right. Now I'm beginning to understand why people want to head south when they get elderly. I've always liked it up here in the north, but right about now I'm ready to move to DC. By 80 I may very well be in Florida. !

I was hoping to forget about the miserable cold by warming up with my dear friend Stephanie at our usual Friday Morning Coffee Hour, but alas, her poor son is home sick today so that was not to be. Here's a funny thing, tho...deciding to run errands instead and I walk into Target and see this lovely woman smiling at me. All of a sudden she says, "You're Suz! I'm Donna!" Donna! Donna's been with us from the beginning, one of our first vocal fans on Feminine Hijinx, and if you bother to read comments on this here blog you'll see her name peppered here and there. It was so fun to meet her, I just had to give her a hug. It truly felt like I was running into an old friend! So there it is, my 15 minutes of fame--getting recognized off of my blog! Funny. She said hello to Ms. Coach, too--Donna's my kind of gal.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wish I had a fan-base. But I have a tattoo now, so it's just a matter of time...

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Awww, Pat, I'm your fan....!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home