Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Memory Lane in SLP

Ain't life grand? Just when you're feeling like you're in a big, wide world, you meet up with an old friend and realize just how small it really is. Between my 20 (gulp!) year high school reunion and various other circumstances, I have been reconnected with many people over the past few years. I have always been a sentimental fool, but I guess recently I have gotten more proactive about it.

My latest re-discovery has been an old beau of mine, Zachary Vex. (that's actually not the name I knew him as, but to protect the lives of the innocent, I guess I'd better not divulge that old information...it would be just like mysterious Zach to really be a spy, or something...) Since he changed his name quite a few years ago, asking around about him hadn't proved to be very successful. But I finally found a connection and guess what? He lives in Saint Louis Park, too! Crazy. He came over last night and I had to kick him out at midnight. Being single and sans children, he doesn't turn into a pumpkin (or, more like a squash) at midnight like us old married folks do. Turns out he is very successful, the designer and manufacturer of some kick-ass effects pedals. Check out his site,Z.Vex Effects. I guess he has his pedals all over the country, with customers including some pretty big name bands like Aerosmith and the like. It was great fun seeing him again, bringing back lots of memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home